In this Chapter:
Indian Artifacts and Arrowhead
The River Owl Collection
Saving the Banner Image
1. Right click on our banner from this website and save it as a JPEG file OR as a Bitmap (*.bmp) file in the directory where you normally store your images. (Usually this is a directory or folder named "images".) In Windows, you may right click on the banner and “Save Picture As…” Then click the drop-down where it says “Save in:” and select My Documents, if your web is stored there. Click your website folder and open. In there will be a list of all your image files and you will want to open “images” and click "Save".
(You may also have to Repeat Step 1. and save the jpeg banner in your image file where the banner is to be displayed such as in your “index_files” or “links_files” image folder, depending where you want the banner to be displayed. Otherwise you may end up with an empty placeholder where the banner should be.)
2. Go into your webpage "images" file and locate our banner named “IceAgeArtifacts Banner 12” (IceAgeArtifacts%20Banner%2012.jpg) that you have just saved and right click / copy the banner jpeg. Then paste the jpeg on the place in your website (in "Normal view") where you want the banner to appear. This will display our banner, but there will be no URL anchored to it.
Anchor the Banner
3. Copy the banner code anchor text (below in red) and paste it into Windows Notepad. Notepad automatically converts the code text into html-friendly form. (Notepad can be found by clicking on the "Start" at lower left of screen and pointing to "All Programs". Then point to "Accessories" and click "Notepad".) Next, highlight the banner on your webpage where you just pasted it so that you can find it in the html, then switch to "HTML view". Then copy that anchor text from Notepad and paste it in front of the banner html like shown below. Be sure to add the anchor </a> at the end of that string. (You may choose NOT to Save Notepad after copying.) Our code is...
If you store the banner in a directory OTHER than "images"... change the word "images" to reflect the name of the directory you use.
Test the Banner
4. Test the link by uploading your website changes and clicking on our banner.
5. Be sure to email us with your site information so that we can reciprocate by adding your web page link to our site.
Build Your Own Banner
6. To build your own free banner go to www.bannerfans.com and register.
USPS Priority Mail Express - $19.99: